|Fall Foliage Leaf Hunt Clues for 2018|
|12:26AM / Saturday, September 22, 2018|
NORTH ADAMS, Mass. — The annual Fall Foliage Leaf hunt, a traditional popular feature of Fall Foliage Festival Week, including three sets of GPS coordinates for geocaching fans, starts Saturday, Sept. 22.
This year the committee has revealed that there will be 20 colorful leaves hidden in North Adams, Adams, Cheshire, Clarksburg, Florida and Williamstown. When a leaf is found, it should be brought to Pedrin's Dairy Bar on Curran Highway during normal operating hours to claim a prize. One prize per household please.
Prizes are generously donated by area merchants including Pedrin's, Boston Sea Foods, Freight Yard Pub, Chee's, Big Y, North Adams Museum of History and Science, North Adams MoviePlex 8, Walmart and Wild Oats.
A second set of clues will be announced in the event of unclaimed leaves. The committee has repeated last year's successful new procedure whereby one plastic bag with a yellow or orange leaf should be removed and brought in and another with a green leaf should be left at the site so that subsequent hunters will know they correctly solved the clue but someone already claimed the prize-winning leaf.
A complete list of winners, locations and sponsors will be released in October. All leaves should be returned by Oct. 12.
As always, the leaf committee has included an invisible leaf hunt for homebound residents. Interested persons are asked to mail a postcard (or card in an envelope) with the number of the clue and the answer/s with their name, address and phone number, to the Mayor's Office of Tourism, City Hall, 10 Main St., North Adams MA 01247. Only mailed entries will be accepted. In the event of a tie, the earliest postmark will determine the winner.
The first set of clues are:
1. Former K9#
2. Current K9#
3. Longest vehicles, shortest exhibition
4. Dr. Malnati's bailiwick
5. LinkedIn for man's best friend?
6. Mother Town Cares
7. 1878 Breakaway Cares
8. Woof and Meow
9. Mani-pedi not for the birds
10. N42.69516, W73.03485
11. N42.71765, W73.08460
12. N42.56117, W73.16592
13. Pets of the Pioneers
14. Northeast Asian peaceful spot
15. Menu Expansion Near Grazie's
16. More modern than its 1745 neighbor
17. Everyone's First Piano Tune
18. From Southeast Asian plot to Cerulean Drupe
19. Not the Confederate Family
20. Not Jack's
Invisible Leaf Hunt Clues – Please Fill in the Blanks
1. Back in the 1950s to see Asta and Lassie in the Village Beautiful you went to _____________, in the Mother Town to ________________ or ________________, in the Tunnel City to ________________, ________________ or ________________.
2. Black and white spotted mascots often ride atop their vehicles. They are in Adams the ____________, in North Adams the ___________________________ and in Williamstown the ______________________.
3. In 1955 we had few Chinese restaurants to celebrate the Year of the Dog but we did have a Chinese business on Historic Eagle Street ___________________________________ and a famous Chinese American horticulturist who had lived in North Adams almost a century before:____________________.