PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A fire caused $2,000 in damage to a kitchen in a Benedict Road home on Thursday.
Firefighters responded to the call at 126 Benedict shortly after noon and found smoke showing from the rear of the single-family, wood-frame structure. The homeowner had extinguished the majority of the fire before firefightered arrived.
The E-5 crew ensured the fire was completely extinguished; Tower 1 ventilated the home while E-3 firefighters retrieved a dog from the smoke-filled home.
According to the report by Deputy Chief Daniel Garner, the kitchen sustained fire and smoke damage -- particularly to the cabinets and appliances -- and the rest of the first floor incurred minor smoke damage.
The occupants were evaluated for smoke inhalation by Action Ambulance personnel but were not taken to the hospital. No one was injured and the cause was accidental.
NorthAdams.com welcomes critical, respectful dialogue. Name-calling, personal attacks, libel, slander or foul language is not allowed. All comments are reviewed before posting and will be deleted or edited as necessary.