MEMBER SIGN IN
Not a member? Become one today!
         iBerkshires     Berkshire Chamber     MCLA     City Statistics    
Search
Home About Archives RSS Feed
Thermostat Causes Small Fire In Pittsfield Apartment Building
Staff Reports,
02:38PM / Monday, November 26, 2018

PITTSFIELD, Mass. — Firefighters snuffed out a fire at 99 Second Street Monday afternoon.
 
According to Deputy Chief Daniel Garner, firefighters responded to the address at 12:45 p.m. and found "moderate smoke condition" in apartment 104. A thermostat unit had failed, causing it to set on fire.
 
The plastic melted and then dripped and set carpeting, trim, and a portion of the wall to ignite. Firefighters evacuated the north wing of the first floor and extinguished the blaze with portable extinguishers. 
 
There were no injuries reported and the fire was estimated to cause less than $1,000 worth of damage.
0Comments
NorthAdams.com is owned and operated by: Boxcar Media 106 Main Sreet, P.O. Box 1787 North Adams, MA 01247 -- T. 413-663-3384 F.413-663-3615
© 2008 Boxcar Media LLC - All rights reserved